To work safely with hazardous materials, always apply the maxim: avoid, isolate, protect. The statutory framework that seeks to protect workers and the environment is the Hazardous Substances Ordinance. All hazardous substances have to be tested (to confirm that they are indeed hazardous) and labelled. The hazardous properties of a substance or mixture of substances are shown by hazard or warning symbols. If misused, hazardous substances can enter the body and cause serious health damage.
What we can do for you
- We can advise you on all matters concerning the safe handling of hazardous substances.
- We can prepare operating procedures in compliance with the Hazardous Substances Ordinance.
- We can prepare hazardous substance registers and implement the protection level concept within your company.
- We can support you by carrying out an obligatory workplace assessment and implementing supervision measures compliant with the Hazardous Substances Ordinance.
- We can undertake workplace analyses for your production, engineering, laboratory, workshop and any other areas.
- If required, we will prepare a hazard assessment for you.
- We can help you meet your legal obligations and provide support for your first and subsequent safety inspections.
- We can ensure you have independent, watertight and officially recognised inspection reports.
- We inspect offices, public and domestic buildings for the purpose of identifying hazardous materials. We prepare expert reports and implement remedial measures.
- We can carry out measurements of hazardous materials on your behalf.