Management systems help create internal structures that make it easier to realise your corporate objectives. In an ideal world, a management system will contribute to the continuous improvement of your corporate organisation by optimising, mapping and planning your internal processes based on pre-defined performance metrics. International standards such as ISO specify general and industry-specific requirements for management systems. Certification is based on these standards.
Different industry sectors have different management systems and standards. An integrated management system brings together different areas of management under one roof. For example, it could be responsible for the environment and at the same time for quality assurance and health and safety.
We can put management systems in place in a wide variety of fields:
- Waste and waste water management
- Management of health and safety at work (ISO 45001, OHSAS 18001, ILO, SCC, etc.)
- Documentation management
- Energy management (DIN EN ISO 50001, DIN 16247)
- Food safety management (ISO 22000, IFS, BRC, etc.)
- Integrated Management Systems (IMS)
- Crisis management
- Sustainability management (CSR, CCR)
- Quality management (ISO 9001 etc.)
- Welding quality management (DIN EN ISO 3834)
- Risk and financial management (Sarbanes Oxley Act, KonTraG)
- Environmental management (ISO 14001, EMAS)
HÖPPNER Management & Consultant GmbH implemented its own EcoStep-certified integrated management system some years ago. It includes ISO 9001 for quality management, ISO 14001 for environmental management and OHSAS 18001 for health and safety management in small and medium-sized companies.