Any business operation involves many people, and these stakeholders also include the community in which the business is located and the residents who here. Companies are faced with a wide range of different interests, and must take on board criticism, demands and sympathetic expectations. For any company, it is crucial to engage with representatives of specific interest groups, public authorities, the media – and the local community and its inhabitants.
In most cases, local residents do not wish to jeopardise the existence of local businesses, but are prepared to work on mutually acceptable compromises. In the long term, businesses benefit from maintaining a good relationship with local residents and the community around them and including them in plans at an early stage of the proceedings. This allows the business to invest as planned and avoid expensive alterations. Communicating with the local residents allows businesses to communicate their information as well as understand how their operations and activities are perceived by others, and it results in an open dialogue on an equal footing.
Proactive communications can help you to take external developments and social expectations into account in your strategic decisions. Engaging in a dialogue with local residents is also active crisis prevention as it establishes your company as credible and dependable, allowing you to respond more effectively in the event of a crisis and securing from residents greater understanding and a willingness to work on solutions with you.
- We support you in all issues related to communication with the local community.
- We advise and support you on setting up and employing an active dialogue with the local community, e.g. neighbourhood newsletter, community events, etc.
- We act as a neutral third party in communications between the company, the local community and the authorities.
The benefits for your business
- Your business establishes a reputation as a credible and dependable enterprise.
- You display your willingness to engage with the local community.
- You are prepared for any potential crises and can take appropriate measures swiftly.
- You can implement your investments as planned and avoid expensive alterations.
- All sides benefit from regular meetings and the exchange of information.
- A good line of communication with the local community helps to solve many different questions and issues without the authorities needing to be involved.